A Healthy alternative to regular brownies!
I know what you guys are thinking…Avocado brownies?! That sounds disgusting! I was skeptical at first too but for reals, they are delicious!
I’m really excited to share this recipe with you! The best part about this recipe is that I love brownies. BUT I think I might love avocados even more, making this combination absolutely perfect in my eyes.
During my pregnancy I craved chocolate aallll the time and I would usually just eat it because… well the baby made me! But now that I am seven weeks postpartum and trying to get back into eating and living a healthy lifestyle, I can’t just give into sweets whenever I feel like it.
The other night I was craving chocolate like crazy but I didn’t want to eat unhealthy. You see my dilemma here?! INSTEAD, I decided to try to make chocolate brownies with healthy alternatives and they actually turned out pretty dang good in my opinion.
I am already thinking and dreaming of more healthy desserts to throw your way because I definitely have a sweet tooth at the moment (just kidding more like always).
HEALTHY AVOCADO BROWNIES
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minute
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 1/2 Small Avocados
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (add a more for richer taste)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven 350 Degrees F.
- In a blender combine Avocados, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add these ingredients into a large bowl and whisk in eggs.
- Add oat flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and stir until combined well.
- Grease 8×8 pan with oil and pour in batter.
- Place in over for 25 minutes (few minutes less for fudge brownies and slightly more for more cake-like brownies).
- Let brownies cool for 15 minutes.
- Eat the delicious chocolatey goodness!
I hope you enjoy!