Eating habits are hard to break, but the encouraging thing is that YOU have the power to change. Here are 5 easy ways to create healthy eating habits.
- Make time to plan: Set aside time before you head to the grocery store and to plan what you are going to eat for the next week. This helps you from going to a fast food restaurant or resorting to unhealthy and processed foods.
- Eat often: Eating 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals, helps you stay full and increases your metabolism.
- Clean out the pantry and fridge: It’s hard to stay focused and eat healthy when there is ice-cream and potato chips sitting there begging you to eat them! Start off fresh and throw all the processed, artificial, and unhealthy foods away. Restock with fresh fruits, vegetables, and any healthy snacks!
- Drink more water: Ditch the soda, lemonade, and sweet tea. These drinks have so many unnecessary calories that you don’t realize you are consuming. Try sticking to water and see the difference in your health and energy levels. Drinking water hydrates the body and has zero calories and no preservatives. Plus it helps you feel more full! Aim to drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
- Eat breakfast: Eating breakfast as soon as you wake up increases your metabolism and helps start your day off right. Yes, I know it’s hard for some people to eat breakfast because they aren’t hungry in the morning. If you start eating in the morning even if you aren’t hungry, your body will eventually catch on and become hungry as soon as you wake up. Some people just don’t have time in the morning to make breakfast. BUT breakfast is the most important meal of the day so try to wake up 10 minutes earlier so you can eat. If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast try making protein pancakes or a smoothie bowl.
Did you like this post?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #simplychelseyblog